Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Fan Mail!

I know what you're thinking: "This blog has been around for a week, has one actual post, and somehow gets fan mail? I call BS!" Alas, dear reader, there you are incorrect. I have, in fact, received some fan mail, which I will post here for your enjoyment.

The following are some photos of the romance novel display at Target, uploaded with the mailer's comments:

The author's last name is Rimmer! RIMMER. It's totally her real name.
I would add, "WTF is that title?" Someday I will do a post on romance novel titles, because some of them are just over the top.

The author's first name is B.J. Again, totally legitimate, I bet.
She was "rustled". Like cattle. Is that some sort of subliminal message about people who read romance novels (seriously, and not for the lulz)?

A romance novel that takes place in a news studio! Have you ever seen one that takes place in a news studio? I feel like that's one location that wouldn't get a lot of love.
There's a lot to be said for news studio romance. For one, the people involved are more likely to be wealthy, particularly the men, which is always important. Also, news anchors' attractiveness is somewhat more probable than your average ordinary citizen. Not to mention the danger of getting caught by your boss. I'd say there's a lot of appeal there.

At Target, romance novels are placed right next to classics like To Kill a Mockingbird and The Diary of Anne Frank. Sigh.
Target is not exactly the best example of this, because their book section is relatively small. However, I do agree that it is a complete travesty that romance novels are next to required school reading/acknowledged classics such as these. Alas.

I'm currently working on another actual post, which should be up in the near future. Stay tuned!

Muchas gracias to Patty for her lovely fan mail.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Shout out!

    Every time I go to Target I always look for that romance novel that has dick in a box on the cover, but that might just be a Christmas one. If so, yet another reason to look forward to the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete